MINUTES OF THE SWEFLING PARISH COUNCIL MEETING HELD IN THE VILLAGE HUT, SWEFLING ON TUESDAY 10TH JULY 2018 AT 7.30 pm
- Attendance and Apologies
Attendees: Apologies for absence:
Cllr John Stanley (Chair) Cllr Stephen Burroughs
Cllr Isobel McGovern (Vice Chair) Cllr John Tesh
Cllr Audrey Lummis Cllr Julia Kinsey
Cllr Martin Wyard Cllr Jude Chin
Cllr Carol Poulter (no apologies)
Also in attendance:
1 member of the public
Maureen Philpot (Clerk)
- Declarations of Pecuniary and Non-Pecuniary interests
There were no declarations.
- Public Forum
- a) To receive a report from Cllr Stephen Burroughs (Circulated) The Parish Council wish to thank Cllr Stephen Burroughs for his reports and his support of the Council.
- b) To receive a report from Cllr Carol Poulter (None sent)
- c) A member of the public said that the grass needs trimming through the hedge of Jubilee Field. He also mentioned that the previous minutes mentioned replacing the village noticeboard. A piece of glass from the notice board was on the ground below the notice board and could have been a hazard. Cllr Martin Wyard suggested making contact with Genesis, (a group that works with disabled people) who make and sell furniture. They might take on a project like this. Cllr Martin Wyard sent a link for Genesis to the Clerk. He also suggested getting in touch with Ipswich and Lowestoft Colleges who may be able to use a noticeboard as a project. Steve Smith said that he can provide the details for Genesis. Steve Smith also asked when the telephone box will be removed. The Chair replied that it should be in 2018 but he doesn’t know when.
Action: The Chair said he will sort out the glass and hopefully by the next meeting in September a decision will be made about the village sign.
- Minutes of the last meeting
The minutes of the meeting held on the 12th June 2018 needed a correction. It was noted by Cllr Audrey Lummis that the 121 bus runs monthly not weekly as was stated. The error will be rectified and the minutes will be passed at the next meeting in September.
- Matters arising
- a) Jubilee Field.
Cllr Alice Lummis reported that Andy Franklin and Steve Smith want to retire from mowing Jubilee field in 2020. They have provided many years of service to the Council
- b) 121 Bus Route
The Clerk got in touch with Great Glemham Parish Council and was told that under no circumstances were they going to buy a bus to replace the 121. At the moment Great Glemham villagers use the CAT bus. Cllr Martin Wyard suggested that each member of the Parish Councils involved with the bus route should have a meeting with Mr Morss to find out what the situation is. It was decided that this needs to be sorted out before any money changes hands.
Action: The Chair will contact Mr Morss to find out what is going on.
- c) Speed Signs
Notices have been posted regarding the 30 mph limit in Swefling. The end of the consultation is Friday 13th July 2018
Action: The Chair will ring Highways to find out the result of the consultation.
- d) Coffee Bus
The Clerk received an e-mail regarding a coffee bus visiting Swefling Village for the benefit of the villagers. Time to talk over various problems with a tea or coffee. The Council were in total favour of this except for a Thursday when there is another get together.
Action: The Clerk will contact The Coffee Bus regarding visits.
Cheques were signed for: Maureen Philpot Clerk’s Salary £546.68
Andy Franklin Mower Expenses £29.58
Cllr Julia Kinsey Travel Expenses £28.80
HMRC PAYE £136.60
Community Account held as per statement dated 2nd May 2018 (£3,325.50)
Less cheques signed: £741.66
Barclays Business Account as per statement dated 22nd June 2018 £1,855.61
No correspondence received.
- Next Meeting
The date and time for the next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday 11th September 2018 at 7.30 pm in the Village Hut.
The Meeting Closed at 8.10 pm.